Are you an experienced editor with a passion for a creative, engaging approach to communicating news? Do you want to make a name for yourself in uncompromising editorial excellence? Would you like to work with a team that is equal parts intelligent, fun-loving, and determined.
AL DÍA News Media is looking for a Digital Editor who will be responsible for monitoring and curating content across our media platforms to communicate breaking news to our regional and national audiences while upholding our mission to provide unapologetic, informed, and engaged journalism. You will work closely with our editorial team to reach an ever-growing audience and engage readers with intelligent, interesting content. You are the primary editor for digital media platforms, and as such must be able to work quickly and use good judgment to select stories. You will be creative in experimenting with ways to engage readers. You will be comfortable with a wide spectrum of topics, spanning politics, culture, business, media, and tech, with a heavy focus on opinion pieces.
This position requires an experienced writer, who is obsessed with social media, can create and disseminate engaging content and can monitor social media for the newest topics, and produce immediately based on what is trending. This means working quickly with good judgment to bring our readers to-the-minute coverage via our digital platforms.
When you work with us, you will have the exciting opportunity to make a name for yourself or augment your existing public profile!
We’re looking for someone to be quite passionate about the news media industry. If you want to make your mark in the evolving media industry, this opportunity was made for you!
- Work with our editorial team to oversee content on digital platforms
- Write multiple trending news stories per day
- Create an engaging digital atmosphere to attract new audience members
- Work quickly and effectively to break news to our readers
- Monitor and analyze social media for trends; produce stories accordingly
- Think of creative ways to present news to our readers via our multimedia platforms (Ex: Google+, Vine, Instagram, Twitter, etc...)
- Ensure that all news meets our high standards for excellence in journalism and is consistent with our editorial mission
- Design content to interest an audience with an increasingly national scope
What we need:
- At least 4 years relevant experience at a news organization
- Ability to act decisively and independently
- Instinct for storytelling and thinking creatively
- Positive attitude, team player, and a sense of humor
- Must have an outstanding social media presence prior to applying
- Social media savvy for journalistic purposes
It’s definitely a plus if you can speak some Spanish, so let us know if you do. Don’t speak Spanish but can handle the above? You’re still the person for us!
Interested? Send samples, your resume, a cover letter and your best pitch!
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania